Bag Of Songs has moved !

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://bagofsongs.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Going To A Revival With John Fogerty

John Fogerty created some of enduring standards of rock and roll with his band Creedence Clearwater Revival Proud Mary, Who'll Stop The Rain, Fortunate Son to name but a few. While the years following the breakup of CCR also produced some great music, his early catalog remained the yardstick by which all his subsequent endeavors were measured.
Of his solo years John says:

“It just seemed like all the records I have made since Creedence Clearwater
Revival have all been sort of pushed off center,” he says. “I felt like I was
dancing around the outskirts of what is my true center. With this album, I
really wanted to stay on the mark, right in the middle, right where rock ‘n’
roll is. I wanted this one to be easier, a lot more fun than some of the past
records have been.”

Based on the few tracks I've heard so far, his new record is return to the sound that made him a legend and is destined to be another classic in the Fogerty canon. Even the name Revival points toward a return to his glory days in CCR.

Here's a few audio streams for you to check out and see if you agree, Don’t You Wish It Was True the opening track of the record and the smoking, guitar heavy Summer of Love.
Revival hits stores October 2.

Stream : John Fogerty - Don't You Wish It Was True
Stream : John Fogerty - Summer Of Love
Buy Revival

John is also hitting the road this Fall here's some of the confirmed tour dates.
Fri 11/23 Los Angeles CA - Nokia Theatre
Sat 11/24 Phoenix AZ - Maricopa Events Center
Sun 11/25 Las Vegas NV - The Joint
Tue 11/27 Minneapolis MN - State Theatre
Wed 11/28 Chicago IL - Chicago Theatre
Fri 11/30 St. Louis MO - Scottrade Center - Theatre set-up
Sat 12/1 Indianapolis IN - Murat Theatre
Tue 12/4 Atlanta GA - Cobb Energy PAC
Wed 12/5 Nashville TN - Ryman Auditorium


[WEBSITE]

No comments: