Photo by SinABox Photography 08.02.08 The Poison Control Center @ World Cafe Live"Never judge a book by it's cover", I'm sure someone semi-famous probably coined that phrase, or maybe it really was my mom, or maybe it really was your mom, but it's definitely a credo you should follow. Last Saturday night I had tickets to see Apples In Stereo, when I checked the schedule, the opening band was someone I'd never heard of, a band called The Poison Control Center, all apologies to the band(who are all amazingly cool), but a name that screams "they suck, show up late". Well trust me when I say that would have been the wrong decision by a wide, wide margin. Hailing from Ames, Iowa, they put on one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Fantastic rocking songs with non stop action on stage including full somersaults by both guitar players without missing so much as a single note, and a boundless, charming stage presence. This song is not from their excellent newest disc, A Collage Of Impressions, but it was one of my personal highlights from the show. Enjoy, and check them out if they play near you,trust me you won't regret it, they're excellent. I know I won't be missing them when they come through town again.
The Poison Control Center - Upper Darby
Buy Glory Us
[WEBSITE] [MYSPACE]









2 comments:
I had not heard of them either. I'll have to check them out. Sounds like a great show.
Great track, love the old school riff at the beginning. Thanks!
Post a Comment